There are periods in a child’s life when they have fears or worries or have feelings which are beyond just feeling sad, blue or low. Children who have anxiety or depression can recover and learn to live with these feelings. It is important to talk to your child’s doctor, school counsellor about ways to support them.
Australian Therapy Services runs the Cool Kids Anxiety Program individual or group sessions. These sessions are led by Cool Kids Accredited Provider, Bronwyn Whyatt. The Cool Kids Anxiety Program offers an anxiety prevention and management program which teaches parents and children how to better manage anxiety. Within the series there are a number of programs including:
- Cool Little Kids- a program for parents of preschool aged children
- Cool Kids- a program designed for primary school aged children
- Chilled- a program designed for adolescents
These programs can be provided:
- In groups within school hours
- In groups as an Extra Curricular club